Friday, June 04, 2004

Rise and Shine [by Ian]

It's 4.30am. Why the bloody hell am I sitting at this machine, when I could be in lovely duvet land?

At 4am my eyes opened, and I was wide awake. Awake as an awake person who's really quite awake.

S and I spent the last 3 days in Sussex; and I slept for England. V nice just to lie around reading and snoozing, and having the occasional stroll on the beach.

It would be ok if there was something significant on my mind. Instead, these are some of the thoughts which forced me out of bed and into this chair:

"Black or blue shirt today?"

"I wonder how many lamp posts there are in our street"

"Think I'll only buy a packet of ten ciggies today".

So you can see what an interesting and dynamic life I've been living this week can't you? I mean, how could you possibly get a good nights kip with issues of such magnitude on your mind?

Must be off now, got to weigh the fluff in the tumble dryer...

* * *

Ian is of a certain age when dealing with ear-hair can seem too much of a priority. He would secretly like to wear a cardigan and slippers. He thinks writing is the new black.

1 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Heh... I definitely don't have the same problem. If anything, I'm over-sleepy.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home