Monday, May 31, 2004

Getting out there [by Ian]

"Getting out there" is a phrase I often use when asked "what would you be doing right now if you could". It means being away from so much urban chaos, and taking huge gulps of fresh clean air.

"Getting out there" is walking till my brain feels clear, my thoughts are free and unstilted, and my heart beats free of stress and daily struggle.

"Getting out there" is standing on Gara Rock, and taking in the broad sweep of the ocean and a glorious blue cloudless sky.

"Getting out there" is pottering about the Salcombe estuary in mid-summer.

"Getting out there" is knowing what that bird call is, and waiting patiently for the little beauty to come into view.

"Getting out there" is lying in a hammock, forgeing dreams from clouds.

"Getting out there" is gasping at meteor showers in August.

"Getting out there" is sharing Larmer Tree with good friends

"Getting out there" is living.

* * *

Ian is of a certain age when dealing with ear-hair can seem too much of a priority. He would secretly like to wear a cardigan and slippers. He thinks writing is the new black.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First thing I thought of when I read the title was stop trying to hide from life... And live the way I wish, dream, I could.

Ivo

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home