Saturday, June 05, 2004

Voles [by Ian]

Last weekend I managed to ruin my very nice and very expensive pair of suede Campers.

I absolutely hate cleaning shoes. I guess this goes back to the Sunday evening ritual my parents enforced; whereby we had to ensure that all our school kit was clean and ready for Monday morning. Deep joy.

Anyway - suffice to say that all week I've been wearing substitute shoes that should have been donated to charity during the great shoe famine of 1912. Alternatively, they'd have made a very nice home for a family of disenfranchised voles, or something.

Now my right little toe is forcing me to adopt the gait of a 90 year old Sherpa, and something of the grimace frequently worn by those brave (but foolish) heroes seen in Sunday supplement pictures.

I'm expecting Chris Bonnington to make me an offer I can't refuse.

* * *


Ian is of a certain age when dealing with ear-hair can seem too much of a priority. He would secretly like to wear a cardigan and slippers. He thinks writing is the new black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home