Thursday, May 13, 2004

Queen of Nonsense [by Micki]

I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut... Or at least think before I open it... I mean, look where it landed me this time, writing on the bloody web! *sigh*

So, what does one write about? Life? Work? Footie? Men? Or just utter nonsense? I think I'll go for the latter; I'm not the Queen on Nonsense for nothing. I take great pride, I'll have you know, in being able to start a conversation out of complete nonsense. My philosophy is that you should never dismiss any information you get, you never know when it might come in handy. Or who you can use it on...

For example, did you know that the humble Cashew nut is an impostor?

Well, did you?

He is in fact a seed (wait, maybe it was a pip...?), not a nut. This fact has brought sheer joy to my sister, who suffers from nut allergy, and can now eat nuts. Sort of, anyway.

Elbows - It is impossible to lick your own elbow. Trust me on this one, it has been tried and tested with and without alcohol intake. On numerous occasion in fact.

Spiders - This one I found out myself, by accident. When a spider, drowns in a hot bath (read: gets boiled alive), he poops out his webbing. Not literately, of course, but that's what it looks like. How weird is that?!

Hey, this might actually be a good thing! This writing stuff I mean. I can go on and on about whatever takes my fancy and it doesn't matter whether it's making sense or not, I can jump from subject to subject; in fact, I CAN SAY WHAT I LIKE because there is nobody to interrupt me or tell me to shut up! Mwahaha mwahahaaaa...

There's a thought actually. It might be good for my friends and colleagues at least, this writing malarkey, but maybe not for the plants as they might now die due to lack of stories. Unless the cats get to them first.

Why is that, anyway? Why do cats go for the nicest houseplant that you have in the house? They totally demolish it and then puke it up. Doesn't matter where you put it, they damn right find it. They don't go for the one that's already half dead, oh no, it needs to be the one that was bought new in the shop that day. I love my two cats dearly but I wish they could leave the plants alone. I spend more money on plants than I do on them! Will have to invest in Cacti soon. And don't tell me just to give up on the plants, because I won't. I was brought up in a household surrounded by plants and it always gave the house a nice and homely feel.
You know, I even bought some cat grass to grow... Figured that with the grass they would leave the plants alone. Did they heck! They didn't go anywhere near the bloody grass. Gave it one wee sniff and that was that. Choosy wee Buggers...

* * *


Micki is the aforementioned lady who got Laura to start this project in the first place. As previously suggested, she is a well-known chatterbox and a self-proclaimed Queen of Nonsense. This is her first go at the writing business. Micki's fluent in Swedish, English, Finnish and Gibberish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog! Do you have rss feed I can tap into? #ionic breeze gp silent air purifier#

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home