Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Yesterday [by pogo]

Yesterday...
All my troubles seemed so far away...
Now it looks as if they're
Here to stay...


Just over three weeks ago I caught myself singing along to this. Which was surprising, considering I've never had a copy of it on tape, CD, LP, EP, single, or MP3 (did I miss any other formats?).

A few days later my boss told me he had skin cancer. The jury was still out (it still is, come to think of it) on whether or not it was malignant. He wasn't worried - outwardly. I don't know him anything like well enough to be able to tell whether or not he's quietly fretting away to himself.

Sure as shit, if it were me, I'd be bricking it.

But it isn't. All I have to worry about is a slightly snotty nose today. Nothing else merits the label "worry" - well, let's face it, a snotty nose isn't something to worry about either, is it?

These are the moments to cherish.

You never know if today is going to be tomorrow's "yesterday"...


Pogo is continually told to shut up by his long-suffering mates down the pub. Always opinionated yet rarely correct, he can't help sticking his oar in no matter what the subject. He has even been known to offer up opinions on Time, about which he is supremely unqualified to speak.

1 Comments:

Blogger L said...

There's a thought to remember. I don't wish for bad news to anyone, but sometimes it's beneficial to get things into correct perspetive...

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home